Saturday, April 02, 2011

The Parade of Legs

Yes, it's been a bit since I have posted. Between the Science Festival and the wicked cold I have had, I have not taken the time to post. However, now that the Fest is over and I am feeling better, I have a new post! :-)

First, I would like to know what you liked best about the Science Fest this year. Which activities were your favorite? Why? Also, to help me plan next year, what activities did you like least? Why? How could it be better? Leave your comment in the comment box (remember you can comment using ANONYMOUS and sign your name). There will be a classroom reward for posting.

Next, I would like to offer you a challenge! Go to The Parade of Legs and follow the directions. This is a parent/student activity that will help your child see that there are many ways to solve a problem. Please allow your student to attempt to solve the problem on his/her own before stepping in to help. I am constantly amazed by what incredible thinking skills these students have at such a young age...I bet you will be, too! At the bottom of the screen (on The Parade of Legs page), there are links to pages that explore different strategies for solving this problem. Bring in a solution for a PRIZE!!! Have fun learning! Can you write your own problem like this? Write one in the comment box for your classmates to solve. Yes, I will offer a prize for this challenge, too! Excited to read your posts!

2 comments:

Icon Animation Academy said...

nice post...

Anonymous said...

I liked the floting game best. I also liked the plants. From, Bella