Tuesday, July 10, 2012

K5 Learning

This morning I checked out a site called K5 Learning.  It offers a program for families to supplement instruction.  They offer a free 14 day trial which includes a baseline assessment.  After the student takes the assessment, s/he is assigned specific activities to meet the needs of the student.  I have enrolled and watched some videos (I highly recommend watching the one that shows you how to login and work the program) and am waiting for notification that the assessment is ready for my child to take.  I also checked out a sample lesson.  Reports are available to parents in order to monitor progress.  One of my concerns is that some of the math activities do not match our curriculum.  For instance, the program includes counting money.  In first grade we explored money through calendar activities, but it was not required in our curriculum.  However, being able to count money is a life skill that everyone needs to know.  Anyway, I definitely think it's worth checking out with the free trial.  Try it out and let me know what you think by leaving a comment in the comment box!

1 comment:

K5 Learning said...

Hi Kristin

Thank you so much for trying out K5 Learning. We've set up your assessment and emailed you back. Let me know if you received our emails to you?