Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sandy Hook Elementary - AMENDED ADDRESS

I am not going to discuss the event that is prompting me to post this.  However, I came across this, and felt the need to share it in case anyone wanted to participate from their own homes as a family.  PLEASE DO NOT SEND THESE TO SCHOOL.  The students have varying knowledge of the event and I want to preserve each family's decision on how to deal with the situation.  I am copying and pasting this from a Facebook post.  I am hoping it is valid.
A building has been designated to house the students from Sandy Hook Elementary School. They are in the process of transporting desks, chairs, supplies and so forth to this location.
Tonight the president of the Newtown PTA and others met discussing what we can do to make these children feel comforted upon their return to school.
Please join us in "The Snowflake Project".

We are asking your students to make and decorate a snowflake. We will hang them in the hallways at the stark, new building where the Sandy Hook students will be returning. PLEASE NO WORDS! We want just a cheerful, happy (glitter and sparkle) environment for the students entering the new building.
Please pass on to any teachers you think may want to participate.
When you send your snowflakes, please include a note to tell us where they are from (your school, class, town, etc) to display along with your snowflakes. 
SEND TO THIS ADDRESS
CT PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Bldg 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT  06514

 Thank you so very much!"

2 comments:

Kristin said...

To the individual who sent me the comment about the address,

I am truly sorry. I obtained the address from another source. It is no longer there. Before I posted, I checked out other sources and saw it in multiple places. I also checked with snopes to make sure it wasn't a scam. I thought it was valid. Thank you for correcting this error. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.
With loving thoughts to your community,
Kristin

Kristin said...

I did some more digging...I found your address at this location:

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/TheOrganizedClassroomBlog