Tuesday, April 16, 2013

HOMEWORK 4-16-13

As we approach the end of the year we will begin to review skills that we have covered.  Tonight we are going to focus on telling time to the hour and half hour.  Please have your child do these activities:

Time  For this activity, your child will read the analog clock and type the digital time.

Stop the Clock  Students will enjoy racing the clock to complete the task.  Instructions are provided.

Bedtime Bandits  This one starts out reviewing hour and half hour.  If your child does well, it will advance to telling time at 15 minute intervals (eg. 3:15 and/or 7:45).  This is not a concept that we cover in first grade.  You will need to teach this to your child in order to be successful at the higher levels.  This game also says there is an option for playing on an iPad.  I have not checked this out.  If you do explore this option, please leave me a comment in the comment box so I know if it actually works.  :)

Have fun!

COMMENT BOX ASSIGNMENT:  What online activity was your favorite?  Write your response in the comment box.  Remember to sign your first name.  You DO NOT need to have an account to do this; just select 'ANONYMOUS' as the user.  Also remember that your comment will not appear until I clear it and that I typically do not do that until late at night or in the morning the day it is due. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite game was time. I liked it because it was easy and I could do it fast.

Abby O.

Anonymous said...

Sherlyn
Stop the Clock

Anonymous said...

Maddox
Stop the clock

Anonymous said...

Marissa

Stop the Clock

Anonymous said...

Silas
My favorite game is time because it is fun.